This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EffortlessMeals #CollectiveBias
Working full-time, raising a family, managing a home, and all of other life’s fun adventures means we are busier than ever. We want to be able to gather around the table, we also don’t want to have the hassle of extra time that goes into making that home cooked meal. As much as we all love a little take out – we don’t want to be trapped with that as the go-to option. We try to think of ways that we can do double duty or dual purpose meals. Especially ones that are effortless and time friendly.
One of my favorite ways to create dual purpose meals is with rotisserie chicken. It is one of those favorite staples that I know I can get 2 meals out of. Easy meals at that. It’s also one of those items I can easily pick up either when I’m on the way home from work, or while running errands or grocery shopping. Rotisserie chicken is one of those great shortcuts, are already fully cooked and super convenient to purchase.
This past weekend I was doing my normal grocery shopping at Walmart, and I was in the produce section and saw their rotisserie chickens when I walked in. Right above the rotisserie chickens it says simple and easy $9.40 for a rotisserie chicken, 2lb side, and a 2 liter of Coca-Cola. Which feeds our family of 3 for two nights in a row. That’s a super affordable, more nutritious option to take out!
Another option that we love is their Marketside Pizza and 2 liter of Coca-Cola. They have so many different topping options too. Such as Ultimate Meat, Pepperoni, Supreme, and Cheese. They are quick and easy, completely effortless and taste delicious.
Easy peasy, simple shopping, and I was ready to go. I picked up my rotisserie chicken, potato salad, coleslaw, and a 2 liter of Coca-Cola for that night’s dinner, and picked up the rest I needed to make a quick casserole the next night. In this case I needed some medium or new potatoes, shredded cheese, scallions, bacon bits, and some hot sauce.
As I was approaching the cash register to purchase everything, I noticed that there was an additional location for the rotisserie chicken. To make it even easier on us parents on-the-go, they even have them located in the main aisle where the cash registers are. That makes it super convenient to find in a rush and easy to create a meal quickly.
When it was dinner time it took me all of 5 minutes to get dinner on the table for us. We enjoyed our chicken and sides. Abby loves rotisserie chicken, and actually prefers it most days to chicken nuggets, which makes me super happy!
I saved all the breast meat for my recipe the next day – Loaded Potato Buffalo Chicken Bake!
- potatoes (either 6 -8 medium or 18-20 new potatoes)
- 1 cup of bacon pieces
- 1 cup of green onions
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (either cheddar or a blend)
- 2 cups of shredded chicken
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 8 tablespoons of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- preheat oven to 500
- cube potatoes (I leave the skins on)
- in a mixing bowl combine the oil, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper then add potatoes mixing well.
- grease a 9x13 baking dish with olive oil and place the coated potatoes inside leave excess sauce in the mixing bowl, you will want to have a small amount left over.
- bake potatoes in the oven for 45-50 minutes, turning every 10 minutes until they are roasted.
- while the potatoes are baking, put chicken in the mixing bowl with the remaining sauce. leave it in there until the potatoes are done baking.
- in another bowl mix together the cheese, green onions, and bacon, this will be your topping.
- after the potatoes are done, lower the oven to 400. carefully remove potatoes and place the chicken mixture on top. then place the topping on top. place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the topping has melted.
Leave us a comment! Have you ever purchased any marketside meals from Walmart? What marketside meal combination would you pair with Coca-Cola? Be sure to check out more delicious effortless meal inspiration.